Identity

Diane's Identity



Model is 6'1"


(black fabric, Air dry clay, wire, Tracing paper, pink spray paint, black mesh fabric, gel medium) 

For my Identity Project, I wanted the form to be completely covered. It should be hidden from anyone that looks at it. In my opinion, the form is unimportant. My form changes continuously. I change and grow continuously, and I did not want my Identity to be limited to one particular human form. The character has multiple masks, including a bird skull, which has come to be very popular in my works. He doesn't necessarily have any deeper meaning other than that I really like it. I like that it's something that I feel connected to. Full bird faces don't have the particular essence that I look for in aesthetic choices, so the skull suited me better. On the other side is a nice smooth face where half of it is painted bright pink! I can be a very happy and excitable person, and I wanted that to be included. The front face is a blank skull. You can imagine it has any expression, or look you want. Skulls do not change, just the faces that they hold. They carry your history, but the face continues to change and adapt to the environment. 






In the process of making the wire masks with tracing paper and gel medium.












References


Gladys Paulus

 http://foundations3ddesign.blogspot.com/2017/06/gladys-paulus-artist.html

 Rebecca Horn



Eaton Nott

Comments

Popular Posts